RE•VO•LU•TION


Reading time: 8 minutes.


Hi everyone! Mawar Sharon Church – My Home, Medan – has a Pro-M (read: Profesional Muda/ Young Professionals) Service every Saturday. I’ve been joining the Service for more than 2 years. It supplies me with proper spiritual foods. Therefore, I thought why I don’t store the lists of the spiritual foods here, of course, in concise and forthright manner.

The food was taken from Romans Chapter 12 verse 2. It brought us to the topic, so-called re•vo•lu•tion. Let me drop down the verse into 3 points:

1. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of the world. To me, pattern of the world is, such as, becoming negotiable to so-called white lies. World tells that as long as I could justify the rationales of my lies, it’s completely OK. In contrast, the Bible says that if “yes” say “yes”, if “no” say “no”, what is beyond comes from evil. I once committed myself to such pattern. Nevertheless, Jesus keeps patiently reminding me to stick with biblical guidance if I am not on the track. He tenderly whispers “do not conform any longer”. Do you experience it as well?

2. But be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Literally, renewing in the original Bible Verse is kind of a metamorphosis, meaning a continuous improvement attaining the peak of the stage. Mind implies the Spirit and the thought. So, instead of stop and quit while I have fallen short, I need to get back and improve my capacity.

3. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is; his good, pleasing and perfect will. I constantly thing about the perk of being able to test and approve God’s will. It must be so pleasant. But first, I am required to execute point #1 and #2. Able-to-test indicates capacity to determine things that please on God’s eyes. It is so in line with my vision, namely: being a noble and highly favored daughter of Jesus Christ with wholly sanctified heart, mind, and deeds according to the biblical guidance in order to ensure that I’m always on duty to please Heavenly Father well.

From book of Romans above, I urgently need to elevate myself in three areas, as follows:
(1) Revolution in identity. To what extent, I represent the figure of Jesus’ disciple; (2) Revolution in spirit and mind. To what extent, I involve Him to upgrade my maturity in spirit and mind; (3) Revolution in decision making. To what extent, I take Him along my decision making process.

In a nutshell, not confirming to the world standards enable us to improve ourselves in three areas, namely identity, spirit and mind, and decision making. And I do always bear in mind that it is a gradual and uninterrupted process. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment