BEEN 27 YO

Reading time: 5 minutes.

Listen! Honestly speaking, I loathed my birthday and felt so overwhelmed. After mamak has gone, I tried to avoid all memories that made me directly burst into tears, including my birthday. 

Mamak was a simple woman. She didn't talk too much. Three birthday-greeting-sentences she was used to text or tell me, namely (1) Happy birthday, boru (read: dear), (2) have a long life, and (3) Jesus always blesses you. That's all. 


I am so appreciated for all goodness that friends have shown me, especially today. Unstoppable sincere wishes are pleaded by people around me. I officially thank some persons; my immediate family members, partner, circles, workmates. Let me name a few of them, namely Eko Sidtong, Joshua Maruli, Ervina Agusdiyar, Sofyan Hadi, Arga Timothy, Wilmart Gultom, Tim Makan Siang (Amira Nasution, Ratih Khodijah, Retno Sury, Yolanda, and Yudi Septian), Tim LKPD Samosir (Asnita, Jefry, Trisna, and Romi), SB, Nanako, and Connect Group GMS My Home (esp. Maria Gultom); sorry I couldn't mention one by one.


This morning I received a bouquet of flowers from my partner. I already said many times that I do not like flowers, at all. I received it anyway. Besides, I also said that I don't like a birthday cake, but the teams showed me love by giving birthday cakes. Lesson learnt for today is I need to more appreciate their efforts to express happy birthday to me, even though I don't like flowers and cakes. Here, I say: thank you, brothers and sisters.


My best gift for my birthday is: A good name is more desirable than great riches.  And, yes, I've been officially 27 yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment